User and Group Schedules are useful if you want to restrict access or Trigger Methods for certain users/groups. For example, you can define normal business hours for employees or require that certain users only use key cards. See How do I assign Schedules to Users/Groups?
- Go to https://control.openpath.com/login and log in
- Under Users > User Schedules, click the blue Create User Schedule button on the top left corner. Enter a name, then click Save.
- Next, click on the Scheduled Events tab to define the schedule. Click the blue Create Event button.
- Choose between a Repeating Event and a One-Time Event. In this example, we’re creating a normal business hours schedule, so we’ll define a Repeating Event.
- Enter a Start and End Time, choose a Time Zone, and select which days this event will occur
- Enter a Start Date and an End Date (optional), and set the Scheduled State
- Click Save
NOTE: A User Schedule cannot be more permissive than what the Entry allows. In this example, we’ve defined the Scheduled State as “Standard Security” which only works if the entry state is also set to Standard Security or Convenience (but not say, Strict Security). See What are Entry States?