A role is a set of portal access permissions that can be assigned to users. There are two default roles that cannot be edited:
- Super Admin – gives full portal access with edit permissions
- Super Admin Read-Only – gives full portal access with read permissions
Note: Users with the Super Admin role can assign and revoke portal access for other Users.
To create a role:
- Go to https://control.openpath.com/login and log in
- Go to Users > Role Management and click the blue Create Role button on the top left corner. Enter a name, description, and assign users.
- Select the permissions you’d like this role to have. For example, you can create a role that only gives access to Dashboards.
- If you have the Premium package, you can set granular permissions for roles. See How do I set granular permissions for user roles?
- Click the blue Save button in the lower right corner
To assign a role:
- Go to Users > User Management and click on a user to go to their User Details
- To assign roles, click the slider to enable Portal Access
- Click on the Roles field to assign roles
- Click Save
NOTE: You can assign multiple roles to the same user. The user’s permissions will be cumulative across all assigned roles.