If you’re having issues with the Openpath Android App, we recommend you first and foremost send feedback. Sending feedback helps us to more quickly narrow down what the problem is and get you up and running. How do I send feedback from the mobile app?
After sending feedback, we recommend you also try the following:
- Make sure your device is running Android 5.1 or newer
- Verify location settings are turned on for your device by going to your phone's settings
- Note: For devices running Android 10, you may need to set location permissions to Allow all the time in order for onsite unlocks to work
- Verify location and Bluetooth services are on for the Openpath app by going to the Openpath App settings. Why does the Openpath app need to know my location?
- If the app shows you're out of range, you may need to restart your Bluetooth by going into your phone Settings, disable Bluetooth, wait 30 seconds, enable Bluetooth, and then check the app it shows you're within range of the entry.
- If your location and Bluetooth services are on but the Wave to Unlock/Touch feature works intermittently, please disable any battery optimization or battery saver features on the Openpath app. How do I improve Wave to Unlock/Touch reliability on Android?
- If you've tried all the previous steps and you're still having issues, you may want to try installing the beta app. We're constantly trying to improve our mobile app experience, and it's possible the beta app will have addressed your issues. You can download the app here: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.openpath.mobile
- If none of the above steps work, please send feedback again and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org