Note: Please contact your sales representative to request Lockdown functionality.
A Lockdown Plan lets you change the state of an entry (or several entries) with your choice of trigger method, including via the mobile app, the Control Center, a designated card credential presented at the reader, or third-party wired and IoT buttons. Some examples of Lockdown Plans include:
- A plan that locks all perimeter entries and unlocks all interior doors, like for a lockout procedure
- A plan that locks all entries near a delivery room, like for a suspicious package scenario
- A plan that unlocks all doors within a building, like for an open house event
To create a Lockdown Plan:
- Go to https://control.openpath.com/login and log in
- Go to Sites > Lockdown Plan Management and click Create Lockdown Plan
- Give the plan a useful name and assign a rank. The rank is important because it determines which plans take priority in the case of triggering multiple plans that share entries. The lower the number, the higher the rank.
- Optionally, you can enter a time after which the plan will auto-revert using Auto-Revert Plan. If you do not want the Lockdown Plan to revert automatically, leave this value blank.
- Optionally, you can enable the Use standard (free-eligible) zone configuration slider to create a Lockdown Plan that includes all Zones with triggered states of Lockdown - Override Only.
- Click Add Zone to select which Entries this Lockdown Plan will affect
- Note: You cannot add Zones that have been shared with you to a Lockdown Plan
- Select the desired Entry State for the Zone. For lockdown scenarios, we recommend using Lockdown - Override Only. This means only Users with Override permissions are able to unlock Entries in this state.
- Click Save
- Go to the User Config tab to select Users and Groups that can trigger and revert the Lockdown Plan
- Click Save