If your Smart Hub ACUs or Smart Readers experience issues, there are a few troubleshooting actions you can perform from the Control Center.
To troubleshoot a Smart Hub ACU:
- Go to https://control.openpath.com/login and log in
- Go to Dashboards > Hardware Dashboard and locate the ACU Status table
- From here, locate the ACU you want to troubleshoot and go to the Remote Diagnostics column
- Identify: Identify an ACU to verify that the physical wiring matches the Control Center configuration. Clicking this will cause the Status LED on the ACU to flash green.
- Refresh: Refresh an ACU to send the latest data from the physical device to the Control Center.
- The Restart functions will restart individual software services on the ACU:
- Restart API Server: The core application that processes authorization, authentication, and execution of unlock requests. Restart this service if you’re having issues with the mobile app, such as unlock requests not working.
- Restart Cloud Communicator: The service that receives live messages from the cloud, including Entry-related configuration changes, User permissions changes, and cloud-based unlock requests. Restart this service if changes (new credentials, new schedules) made on the Control Center aren’t syncing with the ACUs or if you’re experiencing issues with remote unlock requests. The Restart functions will restart individual software services on the ACU:
- Restart Hardware Communicator: The service that sends and receives data between the ACU core and peripheral hardware. Restart this service if you’re experiencing issues with readers or expansion boards.
Note: Restarting a service may interrupt the affected service for up to 60 seconds. We recommend restarting services one at a time, waiting a few seconds after restarting one before restarting the next.
To troubleshoot a Smart Reader:
- From the ACU Status table, select the checkbox next to the ACU connected to the reader you want to troubleshoot
- Scroll down to the Reader Status table and go to the Remote Diagnostics column
- Identify: Identify a reader to verify that the physical wiring matches the Control Center configuration. Clicking this will cause the following:
- the reader’s outer ring LED will light up
- the reader’s center dot will light up green
- the reader’s buzzer will beep several times
- Restart: Restart a reader to force a reboot. This will interrupt services provided by the reader for up to 60 seconds.