Before the Demo: Testing the Table Top
NETWORK CONNECTED TEST
- Power the Table Top using the provided power supply
- With an Ethernet cable, plug in the Table Top and connect to the network for at least 30 minutes prior to any event to allow for any firmware and software updates
- Test reader using Bluetooth and WiFi
- Bluetooth: Disable WiFi on the phone and with the app closed, touch the reader. Then, unlock the reader using the app.
- WiFi: Disable Bluetooth on the phone and unlock the reader using the app
WITHOUT NETWORK CONNECTED TEST
- After the firmware update and testing the network connection, disconnect the Ethernet cable
- Test the reader using Bluetooth
RTC (REAL TIME CLOCK MODULE) TEST
- Unplug the power supply, wait ten seconds, then plug in the demo unit
- Without the Ethernet cable connected, test the reader using Bluetooth
- If the reader does not unlock, there may be a problem with your RTC and you should notify email@example.com
CARD AND FOB TEST
If you are demonstrating cards and fobs, make sure you’re using the right ones. High frequency (HF) cards must be used with HF readers, and low frequency/Prox cards are used with LF readers.
During the Demo Tip
The Openpath app uses motion data to help save battery. This means the app will “sleep” when the phone isn’t moving for a period of time and it will “wake up” when it senses movement using the phone’s accelerometer.
- If you’re demonstrating touch to unlock but your phone has been stationary for several minutes, try stepping away from the reader and walking up to the reader before touching.
- You can also shake your phone a little bit before touching the reader.
If you complete the above tests and follow the above tip and still experience issues, please contact Openpath Support at (844) 673-6728 Ext 2 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.