You can use REX and Contact Sensor inputs on the Smart Hub ACU board to monitor low power and power outages, enclosure tampering, as well as wire panic buttons to trigger lockdown plans, and monitor alarm systems and door statuses.
Note: Repurposing a REX or Contact Sensor input to a generic input means that input cannot be used as a REX or Contact Sensor.
Figure 1: Using REX and Contact Sensor inputs as generic inputs
To reconfigure an input in the Control Center:
- Go to https://control.openpath.com/login and log in
- Go to Hardware > ACU Management and click on the ACU with the input you want to reconfigure
- Go to the Ports tab and click the dropdown icon on the input you want to reconfigure
- From the Input Type dropdown, select Generic Input
- Give the input a name and description, then click Save
- To create an alert, go to Administration > Alert Settings
- Scroll down to Generic Input State Changed, enable the alert, and enter email address and phone numbers you'd like to receive alerts, then click Save