In rare cases, sometimes an iPhone won't receive BLE requests from nearby Openpath readers, causing failed unlock attempts.
To check if your iPhone can receive BLE requests from an Openpath reader:
- First, on your iPhone go to Settings > Bluetooth and toggle Bluetooth off and on again, then touch the reader to attempt a touch unlock
- If touch unlock still fails, install nRF Connect from the App Store
- Open the nRF Connect app, tap OK to let nRF Connect use Bluetooth
- Tap Scan
- Tap No Filter, then in the Name field type "oprpx" to filter Openpath readers
- You should see a list of Openpath readers that you can connect to, possibly including one mislabeled as "Apple Watch"
- Tap Connect next to the one mislabeled "Apple Watch"
- Swipe right to go to the Services tab
- Scroll down to "Nordic UART TX Characteristic" and tap on the three down arrows icon to connect
- Touch the reader to attempt a touch unlock
- If the reader doesn't unlock, contact Openpath Support