You can use your Apple Watch to unlock Openpath entries by tapping on entry names in the Watch app.
Note: The Apple Watch Openpath app is currently not a standalone credential. In order to unlock Openpath entries using your Apple Watch, you still need your iPhone near you.
To use the Openpath app on your Apple Watch, first make sure you have the app installed and configured on your iPhone before proceeding. See How do I log into the Openpath App?
To enable the Openpath Watch app:
- On your Apple Watch, go to the App Store, search for “Openpath” and download the app
- Or, on your iPhone, go to the Watch app, scroll down to the Openpath app, and if it’s not already installed, tap INSTALL
- For more information, see Apple's support article
Once installed and enabled, open the Openpath app on your Apple Watch. You should see the same entries on your Apple Watch that you see on your iPhone app. Tap on an entry's name, then tap on the lock icon to unlock a door.
Apple Watch troubleshooting:
- If the Openpath app isn't working, try restarting the Apple Watch
- Hold down the power button and wait for the menu to pop up
- Slide to power off the Apple Watch
- Hold the power button to turn it back on
- Double check the following settings:
- On your iPhone, open the Watch app
- Double check your phone is paired with your Watch
- On the My Watch tab, scroll down to Openpath app and make sure Show App on Apple Watch is enabled