The Rules Engine lets you create conditional rules that trigger actions based on Openpath events.
To create a new rule:
- Go to https://control.openpath.com/login and log in
- Go to Integrations > Rules Engine and click the blue Create Rule button
- Enter a name and description, then select a Trigger Type from the dropdown:
- Entry triggers include events like entry unlocks, ajar doors, and unlock failures
- Input triggers include events like input state changes
- Event Forwarder triggers include events from the first two categories, as well as billing activity, user creation and deletion, lockdown activity, identity provider sync issues, and hardware relay changes
- If you selected an Event Forwarder trigger, enter the Target URL
- If you selected an Entry or Input trigger, use the graphical interface (included in the Premium package) to set Conditions, Schedules, and Actions
- If you selected an Entry or Input trigger but do not have the Premium Package, deselect the Graphical Interface and provide additional information via JSON.
- Click Save